Windows cannot find cannot find regsvr32?

Discussion in 'Software' started by lolli, Jul 15, 2004.

1. lolli

lolli Private E-2

Ok among many other problems, most i've come to fix, heres the newest. Starting to play kazaa files i get an error in, WMPDXM.DLL. So i find to try to run set up again, i do when it's 99% it says cannot install check internet connection. 9 (No matter what version I try to install) So I look to see what's goin on with WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER and found a site to run a few cannot find regsvr32 files, and says everything will be fixed. Is this a necessary file? and how do I fix this?

TIA
    Rhonda

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

(Assuming you're on WinXP... you didn't list your specs.)

Regsvr32 most certainly is a necessary file. Regsvr32 is used to register .dll files (and a few others) so that the system knows what shared files are available. I find it hard to believe that it's gone. Open up a command prompt and run regsvr32. You should get a dialog that lists some help for the file.

If not, grab your Windows XP CD and run "sfc /scannow". Just be sure to go to Windows Update when you're done!

3. lolli

lolli Private E-2

Thanks for replying, i'm sorry I always forget. I'm running windows ME, on a E-Machine with IE6. I've ran the scanreg and it tells me over and over i'm not missing any files and have restored my registry to a previous "good state. This all started when I had problems starting my computer and having it "shut off" after the second windows screen. Right now I have it on selective start up, and disabled system.ini. Now it is working, ( with it disabled ). I try to select normal start up. and i get the same problem. Is the system.ini maybe the reason for the regsrv problem? Just a long shot. Been having so many problems with this thing.. Thanks sooo much for helping.

Rhonda

4. rbird21

rbird21 Private E-2

Iam on windows xp and i have the same problem..and YES i put it in the run box. it said it cannot be found..its missing..so how do i find it or put it back..or is the only option is using my windows xp cd

5. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Welcome to the MG forums. Please start a new topic and describe exactly what is wrong with your system; this topic is 9 years old!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds