Back Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vast41, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Vast41

Vast41 Private First Class

Since i could not get my questioned answered i had to start my own thread.

This may sound dumb but, why do you need a program for backing up? If you can just back up to a couple of disks, whats the big deal? I have never backed up before so please don't yell at my simple query.

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Don't fret, many people have wondered "what is the point in backing up?"
    to put it blankly - just incase you get a virus/worm that decides to delete your documents and other valuable files - get a backing up program that makes an entire copy of your files that are important. I can't remember the name of mine, but it copies the documents for each user onto another partition of the hard drive. i was grateful for it when a worm got in and ruined everything - only option was to reinstall, and the saved files were still there waiting for me :)

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Check this link out. It will give you lots of links in MG and google for various backup software.

I use 2 backup variations. One program backs up everything to another partition on my C; drive. The second one does a cumulative backup to my D: drive. I alternate them every week or so. Bazza

http://www.google.com/custom?domains=MajorGeeks.com&q=backup&sitesearch=MajorGeeks.com&sa=Search&client=pub-6960825562757852&forid=1&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&cof=GALT%3A%23008000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23336699%3BVLC%3A663399%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC%3A336699%3BALC%3A0000FF%3BLC%3A0000FF%3BT%3A000000%3BGFNT%3A0000FF%3BGIMP%3A0000FF%3BFORID%3A1%3B&hl=en
    ===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds