Restricting unwanted usage of Internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by usman88, Aug 15, 2007.

1. usman88

usman88 Private E-2

Hi everyone

Please help me stop users from browsing unwanted websites and chatting on my system. I know this topic has been discussed before and there are softwares out there which will serve the purpose but my situation is different. I want to restrict certain websites and certain chat programs(like yahoo messenger etc) without the user knowing that the websites etc are blocked or without them knowing that any filtering software is installed.

As far as I know no filtering/website restriction software is able to work in a hidden mode. I remember that back when I was in university, the system admin over there had installed some software for restricting websites and whenever we tried to browse the restricted websites, an error would appear in browser windows that access is denied and we should contact system administrator.
    Can I install the same software on my PC? any other way to block/restrict certain websites? Can I block certain ports so that users of my system can not chat?

Please help me ASAP. I am using Windows XP SP2 and i am using cable internet.

2. lilgeek

lilgeek Private E-2

Is there a way to get to restricted websites in a hidden mode?

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

4. lilgeek

lilgeek Private E-2

I just want to be able to check my My Space at work. I can't even check this website at work. I logged on for a minute and after lunch I couldn't get back in. My Space is the only way I have to keep in touch with my family. This is so we can share pictures and see what is going on with the cousins and children.
    Thank you for the reply.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds