Torrent help.

Discussion in 'Software' started by JKaneCapshaw, Dec 29, 2006.

1. JKaneCapshaw

JKaneCapshaw Private E-2

I'm using BitTorrent on a PC using a wireless connection, and having some trouble.

I've opened up the specified ports (6881-6889), and turned off the firewalls of both PC's, but BitTorrent still says "Online, maybe firewall", and I get low, fluctuating speeds (1-30 kbs), even though the torrent says it has plenty of seeds (70+)

Any help with this?

2. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

You will also have to activate port forwarding on the router: Depending on what kind you own, you will need to do different things, but the basic idea is:
    go to control panel, open network connections, find the wireless, double click, support tab

Write down 2 things: IP Address and Default Gateway

Open up your web browser and type in the second number, the gateway. if you need a password, try a blank one. Look for anything called firewall or port forwarding or virtual servers. if you find any of those add one with this information
    ports 6881-6889(if it asks for in ports and out ports, use those for both)
    IP as your computer's ip address. It may only need you to type in the last part, it might need the whole thing
    if there are radio buttons, check TCP not UCP
    any other settings, ask or use default, and see if that works.

3. JKaneCapshaw

JKaneCapshaw Private E-2

That's what I did. What do you man "Also"? Was there something else I was supposed to do along with that? Because the only thing i've done was what you just mentioned >_>;

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds