Flash Drives help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jaishankar, Feb 23, 2009.

1. jaishankar

jaishankar Private E-2

Hello frnds i have a strange problem, i have a 4 GB Transcend and other 1 GB ordinary pen drives they used to work properly b4 but now they stopped showing up in my computer. Transcend is just 1 Month old and other drive(memorex) is 3 yrs old. I thougt there is some virus in my system and formatted my system, but no use and tried them in other system that too no use. If the problem is with pen drives then how cum with both, one is just 1 month old. Plz help me to solve this mystery :-o

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Have you tried them on a rear USB port? Sometimes that works when the front USB port doesn't.

3. jaishankar

jaishankar Private E-2

well my system has front USB but i donno how to connect it, there are strange connecters like ground+ and- and o on

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Does your computer not have any USB ports on back?

5. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

The OP has been using the ports on the back because the front ones are not connected.

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Well, if so, it seems to merely implied. I don't where he ever explicitly stated that, which is why I asked the question. Seemed like some clarification was needed.

7. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I apologise if I misunderstood, but it appears to me that the OP was stating that he could not connect the front USB ports, therefore he was probably using the back ports.

8. voodoo3rd

voodoo3rd Corporal

9. jaishankar

jaishankar Private E-2

thanks for all ur help will try what u guys suggested, and also try recovery manager as suggested by voodoo3rd

10. jaishankar

jaishankar Private E-2

it says no device connected and closed instantlly without any action:(

11. jaishankar

jaishankar Private E-2

there are plenty of softwares in my 4 GB pen drive and i can't access it

12. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If both USB devices do not show up in two different computers, (yours before and after a format as well as a completely different system) then I suspect there is something wrong with the USB drives.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds