Software/Hardware?? Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by ordog11, Nov 20, 2007.

1. ordog11

ordog11 Private E-2

My specs: e6600- 7900gt- 2gb ram- tp2 550w-gigabyte G965pDS3-bunch of sata drives- XP

I bought new mem sticks (2x2gb mushkin ddr2-800) and a new hd, they came yesterday, I put the sticks in (took the old out). My system was sluggish.

I took one out- ran mem test, an error occurred and the pc froze. I replaced the old sticks and put the new hd in.
    When I tried to reboot windows wouldn't start. I unplugged all other drives except for C to try to narrow down the problem.

I get to the windows loading screen the blue progress bar freezes about halfway and then it freezes.

Ive tried each stick separately,I also installed a copy of vista on the new drive
    which started once then the same thing happened the next time I loaded it.

I can get into safe mode, I ran memtest here and all sticks have shown no errors.

Thanks for any advice/help you might have for me...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  2. ordog11

ordog11 Private E-2

I think or hope for that matter that my problem is figured out.
    I recieved my new 8800 gt in the mail today and tried putting it in, it booted up fine.
    But my old card, not so good, while I was switching out all the new mem sticks and the hd I must have been a little rough because one of the circut round things that stick out of the video card is wobbly.

Which sucks I have to be more careful.
    I hope thats the only problem if not you'll hear from me again.

Thanks for reading

p.s. Im a little worried to try the mushkin again, can they do any damage if they are not good?

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

No they won't do any damage ....just throw errors and crash programs or the system ...let us know how thing run and be sure you have the card firmly in and "locked" in place with the holder.

4. ordog11

ordog11 Private E-2

Yep everything is solid, well except for the busted 7900gt. Delicate thing, I once dropped my fx5500 down 2 flights of stairs bent every transistor on the thing and it still runs like a champ.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds