accidently deleted Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by miss40i, Oct 24, 2008.

1. miss40i

miss40i Private E-2

ok, here is my sad story....

I had Mozilla Firefox and didn't like it and wanted IE 7 instead. I (thought) installed IE7, went through all the steps and restarted my computer. Then I deleted Mozilla Firefox. Then I went to check my IE7 and it doesn't work. What do I do now? :cry

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

They might not have a working browser...and on another PC.

If so, download whatever version of Firefox you had prior "to another PC", then install on your PC, then you can answer Mark's questions.

BTW I have both FF and IE7 on PCs, always nice to have a back up since space is not a issue and software can get corrupted or misplaced in the recycling bin ;)

4. miss40i

miss40i Private E-2

Ok, here are all the answers.

I have Windows xp home. When I deleted Firefox, I went to add/remove programs and did it that way. Ithink when I installed IE, that it was an earlier download that I did not finish.

And you are right, I no longer have a working browser to be able to download firefox or ie7. I cannot log on to the interent.

How do I download firefox or ie7 on a disc and then put it on my other computer? I prefer ie7 over firefox.

This may sound like basic questions, but I am not so good on the internal part of computers

Thanks so much for your help

5. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

If you access to a friends PC or an Internet Cafe, down load the FF installer by "saving" instead of choosing to "run" option. Then you can burn the same to a disc or copy it to a pen drive. Then simply run the installer on your PC. Cheers

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

On your start Start Menu, do you see "Set Program Access and Defaults" ? If so, click on it and set IE as your browser of choice.
    You still have IE somewhere on your computer because it is next to impossible to uninstall it. Search for IEXPLORE.EXE; it might be located in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.
    When you find it, click on it and see if it opens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds