Looking For Carl Sagan Cosmos track "Heaven and Hell"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 20Valve, May 23, 2006.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Greetings.

I know many of you cats are familiar with the Cosmos series by Carl Sagan. I really think the soundtrack is great, especially the Heaven and Hell by Vangelis (I think that is the song I like). So I tried to locate it online to download and here is my problem:

Upon researching, I discover more than likely it is a song by Vangelis. The song is tiltled "Heaven and Hell." So I go to Amazon, iTunes, CDNow, Napster, etc. to locate it. Of course, there are two versions of the song. Of course, the short snippets I can listen to do not reveal if it is the song I want or not. I somehow here a clip on one of said sites that plays the short portion I like. Whammo, new problem. Both "Heaven and Hell" songs are listed right together in the window. I can see which one is playing but . . . . both titles are cut off like this "Heaven and Hell part . . . " ! I try to expand the window, but no luck. So, I have narrowed the search to Heaven and Hell by Vangelis. However, I cannot figure out if it is one or two. I don't want to spend money on the whole album, I just want to pay for the one song I want.

So . . . does anyone know which I need. It is the one featuring a piano playing. I really don't know much about the music, so that is the best I can describe it. Can anyone help before I lose my patience and buy both songs!

Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

IIRC and I will have to check when at home as I have the original LP of Heaven and Hell, is that its Part 1 and the track "Movement 3" thats the theme tune to that series, but again im pretty sure that the LP just hast two tracks Pt1 and Pt2 but split into seamless joining tracks.

But other bits of the album were used for incidental music throughout the series.

Sorry to rabbit on but I'm a bit of a Vangelis fan :)

3. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Halo -

Thanks for the reply. I got it figured out. I have Comcast Highspeed and it allows me to use Rhapsody - at least paritally anyway. I can listen to entire tracks. I found the track. It is Heaven and Hell Part I. And you are correct - it is movement 3.

Thanks for the reply - I got lucky and found it just before I read your post. And an LP! I love it! I high tech!

Cheers.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ah cool glad you found the right one, I did have a listen when I got home to see if I had guessed right.... yeah an LP, think I did buy it in the 80s tho so it was hi-tech then ;)

another good one an newer one is called Oceanic, if you come across it listed to it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds