1. Tea1234

Tea1234 Private E-2

Hi!

About two days ago I thought I removed some adware from my computer. Now the computer is getting slow. I followed the RUN AND READ ME FIRST. Is there any malware I didn't get rid of?

Attached Files:

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Your logs are basically clean. You can delete the below from your Favorites unless it is a folder you created (Panda indicated this but it could be just because of the name).
    c:\documents and settings\all users\favorites\Spyware Uninstall

Define what you mean by "getting slow"? When is it slow? Are all operations slow? Is it only surfing that is slow? Is boot up slow? You must be specific.

While the below are not malware, the could be slowing you down while surfing:

C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABSVC.EXE

O2 - BHO: SuperAdBlockerBHO Class - {00000000-6C30-11D8-9363-000AE6309654} - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABBHO.DLL
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAds] "C:\Program Files\NoAds\NoAds.exe"
    O23 - Service: Super Ad Blocker (SABSVC) - SuperAdBlocker.com - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABSVC.EXE

You could either temporarily disable them from loading at startup or you could uninstall them just to test. If you just disable them at startup, you will need to stop both the normal process and the service for SuperAdBlocker.

3. Tea1234

Tea1234 Private E-2

Thanks a lot! What I mean by slow is when I surf the net. Sometimes when I am surfing the browser says it is not responding then after a few minutes the browser would get back to normal. I use Internet Explorer, Opera, and Firefox.

I can't delete some of the contents thats in the superadblocker folder such as the SABBHO.dll- it said that it is being used by another program or computer but I don't know which one. I couldn't delete the SABSVC.EXE folder- the error read access denied.

4. chaslang

It could just be your connection to the internet. How do you connect (dial-up, cable, DSL)?

I did not say to delete the files in that folder. I said disable the program from loading at startup or uninstall it. This would just be a test to see if it is the cause of your problems. You could just disable it from starting up by using MSconfig to disable the Startup process and also the startup service. If you have been deleting files in that folder you may have broken it anyway. So perhaps you should just Uninstall it by using Add/Remove programs.

5. Tea1234

Tea1234 Private E-2

It could just be your connection to the internet. How do you connect (dial-up, cable, DSL)?

> Cable.

I did not say to delete the files in that folder. I said disable the program from loading at startup or uninstall it. This would just be a test to see if it is the cause of your problems. You could just disable it from starting up by using MSconfig to disable the Startup process and also the startup service. If you have been deleting files in that folder you may have broken it anyway. So perhaps you should just Uninstall it by using Add/Remove programs.

> Sorry about that I disabled the startup process and the startup service using MSconfig. SuperAdBlocker is not in Add/Remove programs.

6. chaslang

Are you sure it is not in Add/Remove programs? How did you install it? Also when did you install it? Did you install it before or after your problems began?

What about C:\Program Files\NoAds\NoAds.exe

And what effect did any of this have on your problems? You need to provide feedback.

7. Tea1234

Tea1234 Private E-2

Are you sure it is not in Add/Remove programs? How did you install it? Also when did you install it? Did you install it before or after your problems began?

> No its not in the Add/Remove programs. It was before and I thought I uninstalled it but it must have some traces of it behind. I installed it from download.com. I downloaded it and went through the basic instructions and installed it. I installed before the problem began.

What about C:\Program Files\NoAds\NoAds.exe

> I downloaded and installed this program a few days ago to get rid of some popups in my firefox and internet explorer browser. I thought I still had it. Yesterday I exited the program because it wasn't helping and it was annoying.

And what effect did any of this have on your problems? You need to provide feedback.

> Are you talking about both or just one? Superadblocker caused my computer to run slower than usual and it slowed down my computer during startup. NoAds did the same thing.

8. chaslang

That was my whole point about uninstalling or disabling them. I though the might be slowing you down.

Are you still having problems? Did you get all of the SuperAd Blocker stuff removed from your HJT log?

9. Tea1234

Tea1234 Private E-2

Yes I did.

10. chaslang

Okay! And are you having any other problems?

11. Tea1234

Tea1234 Private E-2

No my computer is faster than it ever been:). I just want to ask one more question. I be the angelfire website all the time and I am bombarded with a couple of popups. Is anything wrong with that? Is it normal? Other than that I am happy as can be!!!

Thank You so much you really are a life saver:).

12. chaslang

Well first we have some more work to do to get you properly protected.

As far as popups from that site. I don't know since I do not use it. It could be normal for them. Many sites do make use of popups. However, part of our final procedure is to work thru a link (I'll give below) which tells you to install and use FireFox in place of Internet Explorer. FireFox contains built-in popup blocking which may help you out.

If you are not having any other malware problems, you should work thru the below link:

How to Protect yourself from malware!

13. Tea1234

Tea1234 Private E-2

Okay thank you very much! There aren't any more problems. Im clean finally thanks to your help.

14. chaslang

You're welcome. Surf safely!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds