front panel audio not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anabellita, Jun 8, 2008.

1. anabellita

anabellita Private E-2

Hello again!

I own an ASRock AliveNF6P-VSTA MoBo which is placed in an Antec P150 case powered by a Seasonic S12 v. II 430w PSU. I'm using the onboard audio: Realtek HD Audio ALC662, controller version 5.10.0.5519.

My problem is that the headphones, when plugged in the front panel, won't work. They do work when plugged into the back panel, so I know the problem is not the headphones themselves.

In addition, the microphone, if plugged at the front, works as well, so I also know it's not a problem with the connection (I've got both front panel lines connected to the MoBo through the same pin).

I've checked the BIOS, and the front panel is "enabled", and I've also tried playing around with the Realtek settings (using the software supplied with the MoBO), to no avail.

Any ideas as to what I could try to do?

2. anabellita

anabellita Private E-2

Ok, never mind :eek: readup a bit more and found a solution: disable the detection of the front panel female conector.

not sure why that worked... but it did! :p

my problem is now another one, actually, but I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum to address it: I now hear simultaneously from both speakers and headphones. I would like the speakers to go silent when the headphones are plugged in... and turning them off is not a option, because they're integrated in the monitor.

I can, of course, disable them through the audio manager when I want to use the headphones, but I wonder whethere there isn't an option for this to be done automatically when the headphones are plugged in?

3. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

The only way that plugging in the headphones would turn off the monitor speakers, is if the monitor also has a head phone jack as well. have you looked?

4. anabellita

anabellita Private E-2

no, I'm afraid it doesn't... it's a rather old and cheap monitor, which has served me well, but with absolutely no frills to it. Never mind, I guess I'll just have to disable the speakers when I'm talking to somebody on skype or I'm playing music or video while my husband watches TV ;)

thanks for your usual availability, though! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds