Fear for your lives

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wenchie, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Wenchie hath returneth. :p

So.. I blew two power supplies. this month. I ROCK. So since my building obviolsly hass shiesty power, i bought it a surge prtector with a batter supply. Now it should be fine.

Just wanted to forewarn you... y'know, because that means I'll be here more often. Bwahahahahahaha....

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

*sniff* what can i say;)

which surge protector did you get? cuz some won't protect your components like others will.

nice to see your face again *looks around and runs* :D

3. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

oh, i dunno, it weighs about 10 lbs and has a battery supply in it. If it doesnt keep this one from blowing it will make a splendid blunt object to pummel building managment with.

4. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

if you get an extension cord, you can do just that AND have your computer running. ever thought of that?:D

on a serious note, if this one blows on you, you should try out something like http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=12-120-208&depa=0 for beginners. it's what i use and i think it's fantastic at what it does. it's ul listed (not just approved) and it carries a lifetime warranty, so when the surge protection inside expires, you can send it in for a new one. if you think your power outlet is that dirty, you may need to get some super power conditioners and the such. but if you really do have to resort to that, you might as well have your power company come in and see what the heck's wrong with the line.

5. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

thats what maintainence is for. And I fully intend to bitch and see if I can get my rent forgiven because of all the money that was put into fixing it. It wasnt my money, but they dont need to know that.

6. Ocelot

Ocelot Private First Class

Oh no, Wenchie is back!
    I'd better put my helmet on....

:D

7. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

You don't need a helmet silly, you need a bomb shelter. Duh :p

8. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Wenchie, preferred your old avatar. This one looks wussy. By surge protector, do you mean a UPS? Bazza

===

9. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Just moved the computer back into the underground tornado shelter. That should suffice. :D

10. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

Welcome back Wenchie

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds