Windows - Delayed Write Failed (Error Message)

Discussion in 'Software' started by odiear3rd, Mar 16, 2007.

1. odiear3rd

odiear3rd Corporal

I am running Wins XP Pro on my computer. Windows freezes my comp and tries to exacute this command. After about 2-3 minutes it starts back and post this error message. I can't figure what it is trying to do. Does anyone have a similar problem or know what I should do. The only way I know to solve this issue is to uninstall wins and reinstate it again. Please help me with this problem. Thanks.

2. odiear3rd

odiear3rd Corporal

zbd21: Thanks for Ms info site. I have gone over the info there and I am still confused as to what to do. I only have 512mb memory on this comp. I downloaded some ebook files from ebay and that is the time all this happened. Some of it was crupt and I deleted it. Some of the files were to big for this computer. If I create a System Restore point before that time would that help in this problem?
    OK, When I click on the error message, Windows does not give me a solution as to what is going on. NO EXPLANATION. This problem happens when I first turn on the comp in the morning. It will go on for several hours. Anyone have this problem?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I've seen it before.

That article isn't really helpful, and MS should be ashamed for having put it up there.

First thing I would check would be your hard disk. Go to a cmd.exe prompt and type chkdsk /r

It wont be able to do it from within windows, but will want to schedule it on next reboot. Say yes to all prompts.

WHen you reboot, let it run. Note any errors.

Are you using any sort of RAID? You may need to update your RAID drivers if so.

4. odiear3rd

odiear3rd Corporal

Adrynalyne:

Thanks for your reply and help. I check my HD w/ ckdsk by using safe mode w/ command prompt. It took a while to check disk after rebooting. How do I do this: "Go to a cmd.exe prompt and type chkdsk /r"?? I am not sure as to how to do what you are advising except in the Command prompt mode. In the past I have not been able to Check Disk in System tools. I am able to Defrag Disk. I had one file that refused to be defraged.So I am defraging more often because of this problem. I dont have any RAID according to my system report in booting. Do I need more memory than 512? Thank for your help.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Click start, go to run.

Type cmd.exe

Click ok

At the prompt, type

chkdsk /r

Say yes to all prompts. Reboot and let chkdsk run.

6. odiear3rd

odiear3rd Corporal

Adrynalyne: Thanks for for instructions. I did this from the safe mode w/ command prompt the first time. Then I followed your advice: The answer that was given was: "Chkdsk cannot run because volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be check the next time the system restarts?" (y/n) I answered YES. Then I rebooted for the Chkdsk to run. I have run this twice now. I'll let you know later this weekend if this solves the problem. So far whill I am typing this reply I have not had any problems. Thanks again for your help.

7. odiear3rd

odiear3rd Corporal

Adrynalyne: I think problem is solved. I let comp run all night and had no problem w/ error messages. Again thanks again for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds