WIN32:Trojan-Gen

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by annandal, Sep 4, 2008.

1. annandal

annandal Private E-2

I use Avast 4.8 Home and update and scan regularly. Did a Def update 3/9/08 and scan and it found WIN32:Trojan-Gen in my downloaded file for ATF Cleaner (ATF-Cleaner.exe) I have been using ATF Cleaner for months why did Avast now after the Update detect this trojan
    So I did a test with my other laptop first ran a scan with Avast and it was clean. Then updated the 3/9/08 Virus data base and scanned it also then found WIN32:Trojan-Gen in ATF-Cleaner.exe.
    In both cases It was put in the Virus Vault.
    Is ATF-Cleaner.exe a Trojan? I dont think so ATF Cleaner is widely used - Can someone Help me?

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. annandal

annandal Private E-2

Thanks, I have also had a prompt response from Avast, apologizing for the false alarm and promised that the virus definitions have been updated. Thanks again

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

your welcome.

If you have any further problems just post back.

5. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

:wave annandal

Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

6. annandal

annandal Private E-2

Thanks - Im not sure how to use the forum But thanks again It Helped

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds