Internet Explorer has stopped working.

Discussion in 'Software' started by augiedoggie, Nov 4, 2010.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Windows didn't want to start, went into a 'restore to previous date' etc. That worked but IE8 is still AWOL. That's all the info that I have!:( W7 Ult 64. Only thing that has changed on this build is the PSU and the HS/F. So far I have been able to update with WU and all other browsers work just fine with a generic NIC, the onboard is fried but IE worked fine with the PCI NIC before.

I don't really care much about not having IE working though it must be gumming something else up too. I realize that this is very sparse info to go by, any general guidelines that I can follow? I do have the W7 DVD if needed. Thanks.:)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Shouldn't have anything to do with your nic card. Have you tried uninstalling?

3. pistol

pistol Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds