New and hoping for help, from my blue screen only computer.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mandmmalone, Apr 29, 2012.

1. mandmmalone

mandmmalone Private E-2

Hello everyone, love this site and have always consulted major geeks before any decision on downloads of software, etc. I have never been steered wrong, thank you so much. I am some what of a computer retard and I cant thank you all enough for how many times you have saved myself and my computer from ultimate chaos.
    I am in need again of information to fix whatever is causing my computer to only show blue screen and pointer but won't load any programs or windows. It goes through the system boot, but recently started asking if I want to open in normal mode? not sure why it now asks me, if no answer it goes ahead, but once it gets past that it just stops. I ran a system boot scan through advanced system care 5, I think it is suppose to give all the info on errors during system boot and so on. It gave several error codes and info but I have no idea what it all means and don't understand why it stopped.
    I am not sure if this is related but I recently got Auslogics registry cleaner and although adv system care has one it finds 30 or 40 problems, when I ran new cleaner a few days ago it found 480 and repaired them. After it was done I was on computer for a little while, I can't remember if the next time I tried to get on or a few times later it went to this blank blue screen. I really hope some one can help me with this, I have tried things in toolbox of adv sys care to figure out and other diagnostics but don't know what I am doing or looking for. Also tried restore but says no changes made cant restore. So Grateful for any assistance.
    One more question:If I have avast antivirus and Advanced system care five pro, Iobit Malware and Super antispyware are they all compatible or am I making them work harder because of each other? Is there something I am missing? I really don't fully understand what each is doing or what basic tools I should have. I am a nurse,I can fix people majority of the time but computers I can't seem to keep healthy, good thing there not my patients. Again I am so grateful to this site and all the information I have learned from the people in it. I can only say I am a fan for life and always appreciate any help or ideas anyone could provide. Thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Moved to the software forum. ;)

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try hitting F8 during the manufacturer's splash/boot screen to get to Advanced/SafeMode options and see if Last Know Good Configuration helps.

How are you running these scans if Windows doesn't start?

4. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Since this sudden 'blue screen' problem has apparently started just recently:
    You could also try rebooting into safe mode and then restoring your computer to an earlier "system restore setting;" using the Windows System Restore tool. This might very well fix the problem.

Since you imply that you are a newbie to fixing such problems:
    You might also check out this MG post link Using System Restore first prior to any restore attempt. 'Using System Restore' is handy a straightforward, step-by-step 'help guide' explaining how to use it.

Good Luck! -- COMP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds