Error while unpacking code LP5

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-7f4ca145be, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

Good morning, running XP Home SP3

Trying to install a couple of small programs over the past few months has given me an error message that reads

"Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to the author" Message attached.

The latest today was AOA Audio Extractor (both v 2.2.5 and older 1.1.18). The program seems to install, it just wont launch

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Attached Files:

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

First thing that comes to mind is a corrupted file - are these downloads? If so, try d/ling again...

3. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

g'day keni254
    my research shows that this issue is common if you are using C.A antivirus suite.if you are you may need to add the .exe for the program to the permissions list with in the firewall program.
    if you are not using C.A it may be other antispyware or firewall protection causing the issue.

4. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

Caliban, these are dowloads, from respected sources. To make sure I downloaded from MG this time and got the same result.

Iwonderdownunder, I am not using CA antivirus. My primary is Avira with Threatfire supplemental. I added the .exe to the trusted apps list in my firewall, but still got the same error message.

I am curious about why this happens, but not rally a big deal here, I found that Any Video Converter will extract the audio from a video file as .mp3, .wma, and a few others.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Can happen when a 3rd party applciation just doesnt like the exe package installer, to try and resolve it, best or rule of thumb is to disable all security applications and see if its one of them causing the issue.

Although thats not best for a security aspect, but as you know the sources are legit and malware free then its a step to try.

Was going to suggest Windows update to lates but you have SP3 already as the newer Windows installer could also help and latest for XP is 4.5 HERE

Malware is also a cause, but as its only specific ones, it may not be the cause in your case, but worth a malware scan with alternative applications or online scans, online scans are listed here

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds