IP Addy Decoding

Discussion in 'Software' started by seashellgal.com, Jun 26, 2006.

1. seashellgal.com

seashellgal.com Private E-2

Hey gang - I need a hand here.

Is there a program that will confirm the location of an email path and or IP address?

Here's the problam. We'd like to know that someone we're in contact with to purchase something is legit. I'm thinking not.

First off, their ad read that they lived in Ontario Canada - now they're telling us they live in Florida. Their IP addy says they are in fact from Ontario.

http://www.formyip.com/ipcountry.php

See but then I ran an IP check on my girlfriend who lives about an hour from me and it came up Geogia. I'm guessing that's her provider but I'm unsure.

Anyone have any ideas? Oh yeah - besides running away really fast from this thing we wanted - cause that's what my gut is telling me.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

When you have the e-mail up ...go to file ....properties ....should give you the info you need.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds