Stopping the Windows Vista Install??

Discussion in 'Software' started by LoneGreyWolf20, Feb 23, 2008.

1. LoneGreyWolf20

LoneGreyWolf20 Private First Class

The other day I was going to install Windows Vista Home Premium on another HDD and give it a try. Problem that came up though is there is something wrong with the HDD. I can't format it nor will it allow me to install anything on to it. The computer does recognize it and shows it's correct size, but I can't even run a checkdsk on it. It gets past the 3rd process then hangs on the fourth.

The issue I am running into now is that when ever I reboot the computer or shut it down and start it up for the day it goes to a menu and if I'm not fast enough it tries to continue with the Vista install. Which of course it can't since I don't have that second HDD in the computer anymore. If I am fast enough I choose "use an earlier version of Windows" and it boots right back up again.

I prefer that it didn't do that anymore, but I am unsure of how to get it to stop.

Can someone tell me how to stop it from trying to continue the install?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds