Silly MSN issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sailor, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

One of the least important questions ever asked. The "What I'm listening to" feature doesn't work. Any ideas why this happens? I tried a repair, didn't help.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I'd be more likely to suspect Windows Media Player as the problem. It has to be outputting the information correctly for MSN to read and display it correctly.

What version are you on? Are there any updates?

3. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Media Player is on 10 and MSN is v 8.0. I think there is an update on MSN. Of course MP has a new version but I was not planning on upgrading.
    It used to work some weeks ago. Can't remember what I did just before it stopped.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Click the Now Playing menu (not the button).

Scroll to plug-ins - Other - and make sure that “Windows Live Messenger Music Plugin” is selected. I’m guessing there’s similiar option for MSN Messenger Music Plugin, but I can’t say for sure.

Steve

5. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Matacumbie got it! I had already checked the options of MSN but not Media Player. Thanks to the Geeks, case is solved once more :).

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Good deal. :)

Steve

7. Albatrossgr

Albatrossgr Private E-2

In case you want to upgrade to WMP11, I currently have a problem with the "What I'm listening to" feature...After ~15 minutes I use it, both MSN and WMP crash. I have checked for updates but I haven't found a solution so far.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds