Need help in re installing Xp pro on HP Compaq nx6310 Notebook PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bboy_Rusty, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Bboy_Rusty

Bboy_Rusty Private E-2

Hi everyone,
    Due to conceeding to know or find out by looking online to resolve my problem i am back here!

Well my problem is that i am trying to do a fresh install of Win xp pro only to recieve the " Windows Setup: Setup did not find any hard disk drives…" For some reason I now have access to my bios although every password I thought it could be I thought I'd tried! So is there something within the bios settings that i can do to resolve this problem aside that I have also purchased a usb floppy drive and have tried to install pressing f6 and trying to install Intel SATA AHCI Controller Driver only to recieve a error cannot open setup file!
    Thanks in advance for anyone who attepts to help me resolve my issue. Rusty ;)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Rusty

Yeah its likely to be the SATA drivers that need installing and they can be fussy, so what files do you have installed on the floppy disk, if you could screenshot them for me then that may help see if you have the correct layout of files.

Did you run the HP downloaed file to extract the f6flp32.exe file then double click that to then extract the SATA drivers to the floppy? (just checking)

Files should be
    iaahci.cat
    iaahci.inf
    iastor.cat
    iastor.inf
    iastor.sys
    Licence.txt
    Readme.txt
    txtsetup.oem

all are needed on the floppy, if you dont have them extracted then let me know as I can extract them or have them already saved somewhere, EDIT just checked adn uploaded HERE for you, just extract the ZIP file and then copy the contents of the folder to the root of the floppy disk

3. Bboy_Rusty

Bboy_Rusty Private E-2

Hi David and thanks for that I had downloaded a driver from Hp website sp32478.exe (603 KB) which seemed to be the wrong one.

I have just used the one from the link you have kindly provided and i am now posed with a number of options, which one do I choose please?

SATA RAID CONTROLLER
    SATA AHCI CONTROLLER
    631XESB/632XESB SATA RAID CONTROLLER (Server/Workstation ESB2)
    631XESB/632XESB SATA AHCI CONTROLLER (Server/Workstation ESB2)

4. Bboy_Rusty

Bboy_Rusty Private E-2

Worked it out with what you sent in the zip file David my problem has been resolved big love and respect. Thanks :-D

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Great stuff Rusty, glad that worked out for you, I tend to keep the extracted files from any SATA/RAID drivers I have just incase.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds