Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by GamerZ, Sep 3, 2008.

1. GamerZ

GamerZ Private E-2

I decided to get my feet wet and join. The reason why I joined is because it is a part of my life now. I am currently working toward a dual associates in networking and when finished with that going for bachelors in networking/security. Even though I am learning a lot I still have questions. I help when I can with what I know already but there is still so much more to learn. Not that I am implying that I want a job. I do like to help as well as ask for help. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a hobby site. Not that it isn’t hard to maintain. Anyways, I look forward to reading and writing here.:cool

2. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

welcome aboard :wave

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome. :)

Jump in if you have answers to questions.

If you have a question, just start a new thread and ask away.

4. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

:wave GamerZ

Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Then you would be very mistaken as Majorgeeks is not a hobby site, its actually a business and the forums are just the offshoot of the main site here http://www.majorgeeks.com/ which has been going since 2001, with a previous downloads website in the name of Tweakfiles which was from the 1990s in beiong one if not the first download website to actually test all the applications it hosted for quality and in being malware free. Majorgeeks continues that trend and a trend many other download sites have copied.

7. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

Wow, that's a lot of history! I didn't realize the main site had been around that long :). And here I was thinking the downloads were an offshoot of the forums :eek:.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Horsey

Noooo the main area of Majorgeeks is giving end users some great and tested applications, the forums are just a meeting place, however over last 2yrs or so they have grown into to becoming very well known and respected forum, especially in the area of malware removal.

This is a great testament to the core regular users we have, which I feel personally are a superb mixture of tallents and knowledge, any forum needs a mix of users from IT Pros to Novices, makes for a great atmosphere. So round of applause for all the question answerers at MGs.

The forum now boasts at least 5/6 Microsoft MVPs, which means its in the top end of tech sites/forums and becoming a Microsoft MVP is not always easy but does allow you to have some insider information and help, which can at times benefit the site and its users.

9. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

And I, for one, am very grateful that there are MVPs of Halo's stature (and modesty:p) involved with this site along with Chaslang, Kodo, NICK ADSL UK and Shadow_Puter_Dude. (I think I remembered everyone from last years awards.)

Also, a little time machine link for everyone - http://web.archive.org/web/20010405034036/www.tweakfiles.com/about.html

10. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

Hi Halo,

Thanks for letting me know about the site - the amount of knowledge, and number of friendly and helpful people on here is, in some small way, frightening :-D. It's nice being able to recommend a site to people that you know will help ease their minds, as everyone on here seems to have such a laid-back approach when you're working with them. I suppose, though, that being somewhat relaxed is a prerequisite when climbing around the hardware and software innards of a machine when you're miles away :).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds