I have privacy.securepccleaner on my laptop

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by DracJon, Sep 8, 2008.

1. DracJon

DracJon Private E-2

Hi All

I have privacy.securepccleaner on my laptop. My question is can i delete every thing on my hard drive and start again by loading load XP pro.

Also can I save selected pictures and a few doc's on to a flash drive after i've cleaned the system.

Thank you

Jon

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to MGs. :)

You can always do a clean install if you have the XP CD. I'm not sure why you would do that though rather than cleaning your system.

Doing a clean install wipes your HD. If you want to go that route, you will need to save everything you want saved Before hand. The risk you run is that you have files in there that are infected.

Major Geeks has an excellent cleaning procedure and experts who will make sure you get it all off your system.

If you suspect you have a malware problem (viruses, trojans, spyware, etc.) you will need to perform all steps in the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and post the requested logs (How to attach logs) in a New thread in the Malware Removal Forum.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Hi and welcome to MG's..

You beat me to it Laura LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds