Flash update ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by TeeCee, Aug 1, 2009.

1. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

I have Windows XP Pro. IE7. PSI detected Adobe Flash 10.0.22.87 Active X as "Insecure".... OK, I clicked "download solution"... The new version downloaded is: Adobe Flash 10.0.32.18 Active X.

Now, my problem, is: I cannot delete the "Flash 10b.ocx Acvtive X control.... My PSI is still showing this as insecure, and I have closed the browser, and still it won't let me remove it.. Here is the message I am getting when I try to delete it:

OK, I have closed everything but the PSI.. it still will not let me delete it.. Yet, the PSI is still showing this as insecure.... Is this a false-positive, or is there another way to remove it? Should it be removed? I never had this problem with the past updates......

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi TeeCee

either do this in normal mode or safe mode but navigate to this location C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and delete the .ocx file, then install the latest version, the flash installer is poor and leaves old files!

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Halo, I think I may have jumped the gun then... I already downloaded the update, so now I need to delete all the adobe and then download it again? Oh, I will learn, won't I ?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi TC

No think you will be ok just open that folder and delete the Flash 10b.ocx, may need to do it in safe mode, normally I had this with the 9.ocx file, which caused issues in Photoshop and Flash update listings with PSI.

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Halo, I found that little bugger, and deleted it.. Now, my PSI says : 100% That is what it should say.....

I opened the Adobe Flash page, and that little red "F" flashed all over the screen, so must be AOK! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds