Windows XP services disabled

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hoopty, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Hoopty

Hoopty Private E-2

Hey everyone. I am having a severe problem with a PC that I support where I work. To give a little background information, the PC had approx. 3700 peices of spyware that I removed while cleaning it up. I noticed that after every restart of the machine, all of the services for windows xp are set to disabled. I can manually go and set them to start automatically and then restart the machine and everything works fine...BUT if i restart again, all the services go back to the disabled state. The machine seems to run fine if I set the services to start automatically and restart, and then not shut down or restart the machine.

Does anybody have an idea about what could be going wrong? I have worked in PC support for around 4 years and i have never encountered a problem like this. I am sure I can resolve the problem by formatting and reinstalling, but i would rather find a solution to this problem.

Thanks for all of your help, Hoopty...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds