No sound in Toshiba P35 S609

Discussion in 'Software' started by dking, Oct 16, 2008.

1. dking

dking Private E-2

I have looked forever it seems. Can someone please help me? I thought I could find and fix the problem but it's WAY too confusing for me. There are just too many drivers... and too many what if's.....

I thought I lost sound due to a windows xp upgrade because one day it was here and then it was gone. This happened awhile ago... I really don't know what to check next and was hoping some nice person would offer assistance.

Here is the everest log:
    I hope it's the right one.

Thanks for your help. :)

Attached Files:

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. dking

dking Private E-2

I installed chipset and driver but still no sound. :cry

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Check: Master Volume control. (not muted)
    Check that Windows Audio Service is started.
    Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services
    Scroll down the list of services until you find the Windows Audio service.
    Right click on it and choose Properties.
    Make sure it is set to Automatic and Start is checked.
    Check: Device Manager.
    Go to Start>Control Panel> System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager, then click the plus sign in front of Sound, Video, Game Controllers.
    In Device Manager, if there is a ? in front of your audio device, that means no audio driver is installed.
    A ! means driver installation attempted but with problems.
    Check: Your audio mixer software (if installed) for a setting that mutes back panel audio if you have plugged headphones into a front panel audio solution. Uncheck: this setting to allow audio to both the back and front.
    Check: BIOS to insure on-board sound is enabled.
    As the PC starts, press one of these keys,
    (here is a list by manufacturer) http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
    Or the right key will be posted on the very first screen.
    Tap it until you enter set-up, then look for your audio (it should be in Advanced or in Integrated Peripherals)
    Make sure sound is set correctly, when finished. For Onboard Sound (Enabled)
    Check: Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices:
    Go to Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices, click the Volume tab.
    Make sure the box for placing the volume icon in the task bar is checked.
    Click Advanced in Device Volume area.
    Make sure that you have Volume Control, Wave, SW Synth, and CD Player all listed in the Control. Make sure none are muted and the volumes are at a listenable level.
    If not there, click Options>Properties and mark the boxes for them.
    Click Advanced in the Speaker Settings area.
    Make sure that the speaker type you use is selected.
    Check the Audio tab.
    See if your sound device is listed in the Sound Playback Default Device list.
    Check the Hardware tab.
    See if sound device is listed in the list. If it is make sure it is enabled.

5. dking

dking Private E-2

In sounds and audio device properties, in the control panel, it says No Audio Device... (?) No Play Back Device.. (?) What do I do now?

If you need me to answer all the questions... I'll try, just let me know.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Does Device Manager show Realtek installed properly?

7. dking

dking Private E-2

Yes, installed properly. I'm not seeing one of those UAA drivers...

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Did you go into your BIOS and ensure that onboard sound is enabled?
    Did you make sure Windows Audio service is started?

9. dking

dking Private E-2

I can't find anything in the BIOS about sound. Is it in any particular tab? Yes, to the other question.

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

It's probably in Advanced or Integrated Peripherals.

11. dking

dking Private E-2

The bios section gives me very limited options. It says nothing about on board sound. I'm starting to hate this computer!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds