Refill your Ink Cartridges?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DavidGP, Sep 5, 2005.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Well, if Lexmar get their way, that will be illegal to do as you will be breaking there agreement once you open up a retail ink pack!

full story link and in story is link to court pdf
    Article @ Electronic Frontier Foundation

2. scouse

scouse Corporal

Well my printer is a lexmark the Z615 nothing special but does the buiss for what i need. But the prices of refills is pathetic, how can they justify prices as they are now..

I mean the black cartridge is just one colour and it consists of plastic a metal strip and some ink yet they want XXX for them..(angry as hell)

These companys will bleed us for every penny if allowed, and as we all know the money they have pays them a lot of favours?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Best decision we ever made:

B&W laser
    Color Inkjet

The laser printer has just about paid for itself. We are still on the same cartridges that came with the color inket.

I have a feeling that if/when the prices for Color Laser printers drops, Inkjets will have their days numbered.

Its pathetic that sometimes its cheaper to buy a whole new printer than new cartridges.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

But, then, inkjet printers are cheaper, cause you can buy a multiple use printer for cheap!

I'd rather have a laserjet printer, been using them all the time in the military. Alas, now that I'm a civilian, I'm looking at my scanner/copier inkjet printer, and wondering why I didn't spend the money on a laser jet.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well, our laser is an aio. Works great, just prints in B&W, save for scanning.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds