Teamviewer w/VPN install error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mp04279, Nov 4, 2012.

1. mp04279

mp04279 Private E-2

Windows XP sp3: I'm attempting to install Teamviewer 7 with the Advanced Setting for VPN. It successfully loaded on a couple of other computers, but now (on the last two), I get a prompt in the middle of the install:

The file 'teamviewervpn.sys' on TeamViewer VPN Adapter is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.

I copied the file from one of the computers where the VPN option was installed and working properly, and I'm able to continue with the installation after browsing and indicating the path of the file I copied, but when launching Teamviewer 7, the VPN option is not there.

Has anyone else come across this problem?
    Please advise.

Micheline

2. mp04279

mp04279 Private E-2

I found a solution.... Although the VPN does not install with the original install, you can add it after the fact. Launch Teamviewer:
    Drop down 'Extras'
    Choose 'Options'
    Choose 'Advanced' and then 'Show advanced options'
    Scroll down and under Advanced network settings, click on Install under the Install VPN driver.

Voila..... works like a charm!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds