trojan virus in new download for adobe flash player?

Discussion in 'Software' started by SpecialFNK, Jul 1, 2007.

1. SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK Private First Class

i went to adobe to download the latest version of flash player. after downloading and trying to open it it said there was a virus or unwanted program found. trojan horse- TR/Drop.Dolla.B.6.A
    i clicked deny access.. but there shouldnt be any type of virus/trojan coming right from the adobe site right?
    is there another type of flash player i can get not from adobe?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No there should not, but it is also quite possible that your AV ( and which one is it ) is showing a false positive, it happens if an updated DAT file has a virus sugnature close or perfectly mirroring a legit file.

Try this download of Adobe Flash http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5163.html most current one iirc, and see if that sparks your AV into thinking you have virus

3. SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK Private First Class

is that the version for Internet Explorer?
    if i only use Firefox is there a different one i have to use?
    i downloaded that one and installed it with no problems, but it wont play on the site im looking at.
    my antivirus is AntiVir

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds