Internet Explorer script error

Discussion in 'Software' started by empty_pockets, Nov 7, 2003.

1. empty_pockets

empty_pockets Private First Class

I'm using IE6 (version 6.0.2800.1106IC) as my browser and MS Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) as my email program. I can't print pages from the web, nor can I print emails from Outlook. When I click "print" from either program I get the following error message:

Internet Explorer script error
    An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Line: 239
    Char: 2
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 0
    URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLD.DLL\
    preview.dlg
    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    Yes NO

I've searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base to no avail. I've also gone to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and checked "Disable script debugging" and unchecked "Display a notification about every script error" in IE6 with no luck. I've also redownloaded/installed Microsoft's Service Pack for IE6. Additionally, I've gone to Add/Remove Programs to remove IE6 Service Pack and chose "Repair", but the repair couldn't be accomplished (with the suggestion that I reinstall IE6 Service Pack). My printer works fine in all my other programs so I'm assuming that it's OK.

I'm using:
    Processor: Intel Celeron 700mhz
    Memory: 348MB
    Hard drives:
    0=30.00GB
    1=30.74GB
    CD-ROM/Writer: Mitsumi CR-4804TE
    3.5" floppy
    Display: Intel 82810 Graphics controller 4.12.01.2576 (display
    adapter)

Thank you for any help you can give.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. empty_pockets

empty_pockets Private First Class

Thanks so much Kodo. You are truly a pc GURU. You led me to the right place for my Office 2000 problem yesterday and, once again today, for my problem with Internet Explorer script error.

This site is definitely on my Favorites list!

Thanks again.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

*does a dance*

HEY BOYS!!! WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!!! :D

I'm glad they worked for you.. and I'm glad you like the site.. Stop in the lounge sometime and join in the fun. Yes, Even you can take part in harrassing me in the lounge :)

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I'll have you know, sir, that out of my 10,891 posts.. 90 of them are actually located outside of the lounge .. :p

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You mean ...Turd. right? ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds