Windows Media Player organization

Discussion in 'Software' started by Primroselite, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Primroselite

Primroselite Private E-2

I have burned some CDs using Windows Media Player (whatever version came with Windows 7) and I'm frustrated by the way my music was organized into separate folders by artist name. I don't recall indicating this as a preference, but I've found this version of Media Player confusing anyway and can't remember what I did. I'm wondering if there's some way to remove the folders but not the songs for the ones that are already saved to my library.
    While I found iTunes frustrating in its own way, I did like the fact that my songs were in one long easy-to-scan list, sorted alphabetically by artist but not broken up by folders. And I think my music was arranged this way in the old (XP) days too. Can I get my music library to look like this?
    Thanks,
    P'lite

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you burn a data disc (you may have), you have the option to orginize the files in folders. Check the settings.
    If you want your music library in Windows Media Player to list all songs in a long list, just click on Title at the top of the library.

3. Primroselite

Primroselite Private E-2

OK got it, but in a different way. Clicking on Title just gave me LP titles so I clicked on Library in the left pane & the right showed icons for Music, Videos, Pictures, etc. I clicked on music, right clicked to get a drop-down menu then chose All Music. Not intuitive - I have to guess my back to this every time but sooner or later it'll sink in I reckon. Thanks for your help!
    Primroselite

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds