What on earth is using my soundcard all the time??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Generator, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Generator

Generator Private E-2

Hello again.

My PC Asus Windows 7 laptop doesn't go to sleep automatically. Here's what is causing it, I guess:

Code:
    powercfg -requests

DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS
    _10431B43&REV_1001\4&1a9e13ce&0&0001)
    An audio stream is currently in use

AWAYMODE:
    None.
    But it's not all! I suppose this is also what prevents my ASIO from working, because ASIO Panel says that the audio driver is in use too.

These processes use my soundcard
    [​IMG]

RAV Processes are Realtek HD Dispatcher and HD Audio Background Process. I tried turning them off too.

I have read somewhere that if the audiostream is compressed it is not displayed in process explorers, so maybe it's not a full list.

The problem persists even if MS GM Synth, any audio programm and even system sounds are off! I checked for viruses with MBAM too.

Please show me the way to investigate and to kill what is using my sound!

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Have you tried resetting the sleep mode for your PC.

Click on the home button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
    click ;control panel;
    click ;system and settings;
    then click the blue letters under under the power settings (the green battery) that says ;change when the computer sleeps;

This will allow you to set the period before the PC sleeps.

3. Generator

Generator Private E-2

Thank you, i have already solved my problem. I just deleted the realtek device and windows reinstalled it automatically.
    =============================

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds