Anyone Tried CQ Phone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MicroChip, May 27, 2006.

1. MicroChip

MicroChip Private E-2

Hello to all,

Just wondering if anyone here has tried or may have friends who have tried a software product called CQ PHONE? It apparently is a very easy to use and to set-up product that will assign you your own phone number and it's all free without long-distance charges. It also has video capabilities and text messaging. The product practically configures itself and is effortless in my opinion. It also makes a sound similar to a telephone dialing and one can call free anywhere in the world! There is even a section to meet new friends, etc.

So, just wondering if anyone has used this software product and would like to share their overall comments/experience with it, please. Thank you.

http://www.cqphone.com/

2. BCGray

BCGray Guest

From what I have read all it is, is another chat line, instead of a internet name they give you a number, still cannot connect to the phone system:rolleyes:

3. MicroChip

MicroChip Private E-2

Hi,

http://forum.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    :confused:You say you cannot connect to the phone system, I thought it was understood that this is *Internet* phone software, that is to say it connects PC to PC. It does not connect to the regular telephone lines otherwise there would be a cost involved such as long distance. It appears to have great voice quality, however, and anyone else with a computer and this software can talk from across the world for free instead of using the telephone. All that is needed is a microphone and of course speakers.

Thanks for checking it out and again this is Internet software just as there are other varieties but it is not regular telephone equipment.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds