Outlook error when opening

Discussion in 'Software' started by tomyrush, Oct 27, 2002.

1. tomyrush

tomyrush Private E-2

I am running win2000 pro with all service packs applied.

I just tried to open outlook (not Outlook express) this morning and consistently get a dialog box saying an error has caused windows to cancel outlook and that an error log is generated.

I searched for error and the only thing I found was a "D0100: I/O error (05/24/00) - Command error - invalid field in CDB". I don't seem to be getting errors from any other component.

There are two entries like this, timestamped today at 7:04 and 7:05. I think there should be several more since I have tried to start Outlook several times. Not sure if this is the error windows is recording, but can't find anything else using search in Windows Explorer.

I have never had to uninstall - reinstall Outlook before and am curious if I need to do anything special before I dive into the deep end of the pool? OBTW - is Outlook a component of Win2000 or the small business package? Win2000 help talks about outlook express, but not Outlook.

Any help is really appreciated.

Tom Rush
    rusht001@hawaii.rr.com

2. FlyingPenguin

FlyingPenguin Private E-2

Outlook 2000 comes with Office 2000 but it also is installed by Small Business Server.

If it was installed by SBS then there will probably be a seperate uninstall entry for it in Add/Remove Programs. If it was installed by Office then it'll be part of the Office install.

You can run the uninstaller and there should be an option to Repair it (I don't know about standalone Outlook but Office has the repair feature). If it's a trashed system file that should fix it.

You can also try uninstall and re-install but if it's a trashed registry entry that may not help.

I would also recommend you check the MS Knowledgebase:
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/

and do a search on Google newsgroups:
    http://google.com/grphp?hl=en

Hope this helps...

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you have SCSI drives on that machine?

4. tomyrush

tomyrush Private E-2

No scsi drives

5. tomyrush

tomyrush Private E-2

I was all set to uninstall / reinstall and I did the old 3 finger salute just to see what was happening before I dove in - It showed Outlook as a running process.
    Once I killed the process and double clicked Outlook again - everything is OK. Outlokk is sending / receiving OK.
    No idea what was happening.

Tom

6. sfinks

sfinks Private E-2

problems with Outlook Express??? Try iy.... Reparing corrupted Outlook Express... I believe, that links can help you...Outlook Express crash Repair
    Outlook Express database
    Outlook Express crash Repair Outlook
    Express database

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds