Power Failure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheBarron3166, Nov 21, 2006.

1. TheBarron3166

TheBarron3166 Private E-2

I've built a computer for one of my buddies and I'm supposed to return the finish product by the end of the week. I worked on it all day yesterday and it seemed to be working fine. I uploaded some programs on it which prompted restart and it did so without problems. However when I shut down and then preceeding to turn it back on it ran for about 5 seconds and then kicked off (before POST finished-no beep). I noticed that the CMOS battery was not in place which was weird cause I know it had to be for me to have booted originally. So I replaced the batt and turned it back on- worked fine after I configured the BIOS again. I got up this morning and swtiched it on and it happend again (5 sec then shut down) except this time the battery was in place. Any ideas? (i checked the jumper on CMOS its in normal position however I didn't use the jumper clear ram setting when I put the batt back in could this be a possible cause? Also below the clr ram jumpers are some jumpers for the chassis which settings are nowhere to be found in MOBO manuel could this be a possible cause?)
    specs
    Asus M2n-SLI deluxe MOBO
    Geforce 7600gt
    AMD 4200+
    2x 1gb DDR2 mem

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

What settings are you configuring in the bios? You are not overclocking are ye?

3. TheBarron3166

TheBarron3166 Private E-2

No not OC. I set all BIOS settings to default the only thing i changed was the the boot order.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds