Help with a DIY LCD/Printer Cable mod

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TSM, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TSM

TSM Private E-2

Hey, I was hoping someone would be able to give a bit of help with this since I ran into a bit of a problem (or show me a better way to do this whole LCD mod:p ). I came across some LCD screens and, with them being free, figured hell, I'll make my own mini LCD info display for my pc. I came across a 'how to' on Overclockers Australia to make your own display using a molex connector, a printer cable, and an LCD.

Heres a link to the How To: http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_diy_lcd/

So I started to get to work on it, and then I come to the realization that his colour coded wires are different from mine, and I have no idea which pin on the parallel connector is which:confused: . I need to know which pin is #1, #2, #3, etc. I assume it'll follow a pattern so once I know the first 2 or 3 it will just continue.

Heres my crummy ASCII drawing of a parallel port, so could someone point out which pints are 1,2,3etc when I'm looking at it head on at this angle? I assume #1 would would be one of the ones I've coloured (red,green,cyan,yellow), but I don't really want to solder all the wires 4 times over before I get it right.
    ''_________________________
    '/ . . . . . . . . . . . . \
    / . . . . . . . . . . . . . \
    -----------------------------

Thanks for any help you folks can give! :D

2. Madcowz

Madcowz Private E-2

Yellow is Pin 1 and cyan is pin 14.

/Mad

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds