Older Versions of Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by wenpeek, Oct 14, 2007.

1. wenpeek

wenpeek Private E-2

Is there a free utility that I can download which will remove older versions of Internet Explorer? I'd like to find something that's simple to use and will require very little action on my part because I don't want to really mess something up.

The reason I ask is because I was looking around in my program files last night and I saw files that pertained to IE4 and IE5. I'm currently running Windows 2000 with IE6 SP1.

Also, while I'm here I wanted to say thank you for putting such an AWESOME website together. I'm always telling my friends and co-workers about it when they ask me about software or if they're having computer issues.

Keep up the great work!! :D

Thanks,
    Wendy Peek
    Dallas, Texas

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Wendy

You will see some files/folders with IE4 and IE5 mentioned, these are normal and are a throwback to the early days of IE, the programmers never thought of changing the names to IE6 or IE7, I run IE7 and Vista and still have a IE5 folder.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds