New XP install, need drivers please.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Enorjizor, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Enorjizor

Enorjizor Private E-2

I recently bought a used computer which had Vista installed. It was pretty glitchy and I tried to get it cleaned up for a while until I got fed up with it. I have a Windows XP Professional on disk so I ditched Vista and just installed the XP Pro. I have downloaded and run Everest and I am attaching the report. I have found some of the drivers, but don't want to install them until I have the chipset installed. I am having problems finding the proper chipset. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, EJ

Attached Files:

2. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

The nice thing about XP (or Vista, for that matter) is you don't need to search for very many drivers - both OS have a decent range of driver files built in.

It looks like this is the shortcut to your motherboard's homepage - http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Do...New&DetailDesc=&CategoryID=1&MenuID=6&LanID=9

(Your motherboard seems to support cpu socket 775)

Now, this is the page for the 1.0B revision of your board . . . check your motherboard and make you search for the right revision number. The 1.0A shortcuts on the site seem broken.

Everest says you have the Intel Lakeport-G i945G chipset.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds