Page cannot be displayed

Discussion in 'Software' started by MillieMay, Feb 24, 2010.

1. MillieMay

MillieMay Private E-2

When trying to update to XP Service Pack 3 or try to update to Internet Explorer 8 on MSN , I get through to the update that I want but as soon as I click the DOWNLOAD button the "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" message appears. I have tried all the suggestions but nothing works. This also happens on some other sites when I try to have a System Scanner downloaded. Can anyone help me please? :cry

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

It helps if you give more information esp. what system security you are using.

I'd suggest a run through of the steps in the Read and Run Me First sticky in the Malware Removal forum. Site blocking is a common symptom of malware.

You could also try these downloads in safe mode with networking, which you may have to use to download the cleaning tools.:wave:wave

Don't be afraid to ask for more help.

3. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

In Microsoft Windows, you can use the command ipconfig /flushdns to flush the DNS resolver cache.

Open the command prompt and type the following:

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns
    Windows IP Configuration
    Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

This may help you out !

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds