Battery not charging...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dell1705user, Sep 18, 2009.

1. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

Dell Inspiron E1705... the adapter seems to be working fine. I plug the laptop into the adapter and into the wall, everything works fine. Unplug the adapter from the wall or from the adapter cord... laptop immediately shuts off. While off, the battery light blinks green every 10 seconds or so. When I first plug the adapter in, the battery light on the laptop flashes green then flashes orange 3 times very quickly and then resumes it's flashing green light every 10 seconds. Any ideas?

I already checked Dells site for a recall on this specific battery number and it wasn't listed. I'm beginning to think it's just a matter or "dead battery"

Thanks,

Adam

2. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

As of last night, sometimes it will reverse the orange green and flash orange 3 times and then green once. Previously it was flashing green 1 time and then 3 orange flashes... :confused

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

It sounds like indication of dying battery. just to be sure remove it and clean up the contact points with a q-tip and Alcohol, but it seems very "self resolving".

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

5. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

Well, looks like I'm due for a new battery. Any suggestions? I could only find NEW 6-cell LI batteries and REFURBISHED 9-cell LI batteries on Dell's site. Differences? Best?

Thanks,

Adam

6. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Check e-bay.

7. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

what should I be looking for exactly? I know nothing about purchasing batteries separately like this... pretty straight-forward?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds