Adobe/Security Setting Questions.

Discussion in 'Software' started by triespice, Apr 2, 2009.

1. triespice

triespice Private E-2

I went through each forum trying to figure out the best one, i ended up here.

I am trying to sign into adobe.com
    I go to sign in, type in my ID and password and then click sign in.
    it takes a second then returns back to the same page with no changes. I also tried to change the Country across the top and there were no changes there.
    It is almost like Adobe isn't recognizing me doing anything.
    I am on a new laptop, so i am wondering if there are any security or other settings that i need to change (check or un check)
    I can look under the tools menu all I want, but it doesnt help if I dont know what I am looking at.
    I know the ID works because it was tried successfully on another computer.
    Anything I can recommend trying....

As always, TIA
    T

2. triespice

triespice Private E-2

i am not normally this brain dead.

I am using IE, and vista if that helps at all

I went into the privacy tab and made sure that i allowed cookies.
    Under the general tab, i cleared everything
    my problem was trying to find where to make sure I was allowing Java and Javascript
    i went to tools, IE options, security and custom, hoping to find what I needed there, but I didn't (unless i overlooked it)
    can you let me know the way to find out that part?
    Thanks once again
    T

3. triespice

triespice Private E-2

okay, i have now officially done all you asked.
    Still cant sign in.
    Tried my friends comp today and it works on his....I knew it worked on other computers already, but I just wanted to try again.
    This laptop is about a week old, i have installed very little, any other ideas or suggestions, as i REALLY need to get into Adobe.
    Thanks again

4. triespice

triespice Private E-2

...hate to be a pain.....
    one last bump to see if anyone has anymore suggestions.
    TIA once again
    T

5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Firewalls can do the most peculiar things. Make sure that it's not in your way. Also - I'm not on a Vista so this is a bit of guesswork: try to run as administrator?

6. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

If you right click on the IE icon on your desktop there's an option to run as Administrator. Then start Internet Exolorer this way and go to Adobes site.

7. triespice

triespice Private E-2

WOAH.
    I turned the firewall off, went to Adobe, tried to sign in and instead of the usual screen flash, and 'redirects' me back to the same page....it went crazy.
    It started opening "redirecting" tabs, then this page would open (I had this site and the adobe site open) then it would go from window to window opening a new 'redirection' tab every second. By the time I could stop it, it has already opened up half a dozen new windows (Adobe I mean)
    So I turned the firewall back on....
    restarted, and tried again and yup, it did the same thing...
    before it just ignored me, like I didn't log in at all....to this???
    What the heck happened....

8. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Run CCleaner. If you have any trusted Adobe cookies listed inside CCleaner or any where else - delete them. This could be about corrupted Adobe cookies.

Also resetting IE could help...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds