Remote Access Service (rasautou.exe) keeps making remote connection

Discussion in 'Software' started by dhh992, Sep 16, 2004.

1. dhh992

dhh992 Private E-2

System: old PII connected (ethernet to hub) to newer PIII.

Problem: Ever since enabling Internet Connection Sharing with the other PC on my home network I keep finding "rasautou.exe" dialing out to my ISP. It does this every two minutes, 24 hours a day. It only does it when I enable Internet Connection Sharing within the "properties" of the dialup connection.

The other PC does not auto dial when it is connected direct (modem connection). Only if I enbale the sharing does it then try to connect (through the other unit). WHen I disable the sharing then both units just sit quietly waiting for a human to command them to dial out, as they should. When I enable sharing then the unit doing the sharing begins dialing out automatically every 2 minutes (it connects, does some business, disconnects then 2 minutes later connects, does some business, disconnects). I can't tell what the he.. it is is doing, all I see is some traffic (modem log).

Further: In an attempt to stop it (or isolate) I renamed "rasautou.exe" but another copy appeared soon thereafter. I now have three or four copies of various names. It won't go away!

How do I tell what the root cause is for rasautou.exe dialing out automatically, constantly? Again, it appears to be the "remote" computer that is calling the "local" rasautou.exe to dial out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds