Need (free)program to copy Boot partition

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tacoboy, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Private E-2

Need a program to copy a 60GB boot partition (750GB WD green drive)
    to a new 150GB partition (640GB WD Black drive).
    But i can only find programs that try to make a 60GB partition on the 640GB drive.
    What program are there that will just copy the complete contents of the 60GB to the 150GB, making the 150GB partition the boot partition.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

WD didn't include a copy utility or it wouldn't let you resize?

Partition Wizard and Easeus Partition Manager both seem to allow copying to a larger free space but they may require that it be unallocated space rather than a formatted partition.

Just from reading I am unsure about partition wizard but easeus definitely wants unallocated space. If you already have the 150gb partitioned and formatted at the beginning of the new drive then I think it is just a matter of deleting that partition leaving unallocated space at the beginning of the drive. http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/copy-partition.html
    http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/partition-copy.htm

3. pattyandme

pattyandme Private E-2

I have one runs in dos will copy the partition to it as long as the partition is is the same partition number as the origional drive.

savepart.exe

run in dos.

I have a 3 part drive with a boot to dos utility 40mb part ,ntfs, and a recovery part at the end.

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

XXClone looks like exactly what Tacoboy needs. I'd try that one first.

6. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Private E-2

First off, I'm feeling stupid, I installed Partition Wizard, then I discovered the computer already had Western Digital Data life tools installed.
    Which of course did the job, but because the Win XP Pro is so ****ed up, it will take about 2 hours for the computer to copy the 30GBs in the boot partition.
    So I drove 15 minutes and will now use my Win 7 64-bit to copy the boot partition.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds