This Copy Of Windows 7 Is Not Genuine

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blue_Arsed_Fly, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Blue_Arsed_Fly

Blue_Arsed_Fly Private E-2

Windows 7

Build 7600

This copy of Windows is not genuine

This randomly appeared over the last few days, even though my copy IS 100% genuine & have been running the same version of windows since I bought my laptop.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Did this Windows come installed on the computer when you bought it? Was it a new computer?

I'd suggest going through this step to talk to a rep and explain your situation:

(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/activate-windows-7-on-this-computer)
    Activate using the telephone

If Windows isn't able to activate online, you'll have the option to activate Windows 7 using an automated phone system.

1. Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button [​IMG], right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.*
    2. Click Show me other ways to activate.
    3. Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next.
    4. Click Use the automated phone system. [​IMG] If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    5. Click the location nearest you from the drop-down list, and then click Next.
    6. Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.
    7. When prompted, enter the installation ID that's listed on your screen into your phone's keypad.
    8. Write down the confirmation ID that the phone system gives you.
    9. Type the confirmation ID into the space provided under Step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next, and then follow the instructions.
    10. If activation isn't successful, stay on the line to be transferred to a customer service representative who can assist you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds