Remote Access Connection Manager Repair

Discussion in 'Software' started by snowman99, Oct 19, 2003.

1. snowman99

snowman99 Private E-2

Does anyone know how to repair the Remote Access Connection Manager and Remote Access Auto Connection Manager? I am running Windows XP Professional and cannot create or use dialup. I have narrowed my problem down to a problem with both of the above services. I have tried to go into control panel, administrative tools, services and start both Remote Access Auot Connection Manager and Remote Access Connection Manager but both come up with errors saying that they cannot start them. I am logged in as administrator in XP. I have checked and both Telephony and Plug and Play are both running but cannot get the other two programs running. I have tried reinstalling windows XP professional again but no go. One other thing is I installed windows XP professional over top of existing windows XP home! I am at the point of reformating my hardrive and starting over but only want to do that as a last resort. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!!!

2. snowman99

snowman99 Private E-2

anyone have any suggestions or information that could possibly help my situation with the Remote Access Connection Manager!

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

its possible that when you installed Pro over the top of Home, some of the modules ommited from home got screwed up. Upgrading is never a good idea, unless you are seriously short on time.

Reformatting and doing a clean install of Pro would help a lot :)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you say you installed over XP home ? they have different ways of handling Remote Connections. Pro allows terminal sessions with out invitation and home does not. I've never heard of upgrading from Home to Pro via an over the top install. I bet that's your problem.
    It would probably be a good idea to reformat and install pro, clean.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

6. snowman99

snowman99 Private E-2

thank you very much for the answers. I will let you know how I make out with the FIX!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds