Not Happy After Running Tweaking.com

Discussion in 'Software' started by Novice22, May 14, 2015.

1. Novice22

Novice22 Private First Class

I downloaded this programme from MajorGeeks site and it made numerous
    changes.
    Seems as if system is running much slower now and I would like to get back to where I was.
    What is the best way to do this?
    I created a system restore point before I started and also used the systems registry and system restore tool of the programme.
    Probably the easiest thing for me would be to return to my own system restore point and run it, but would this be best?
    Would it be better to run Tweakings registry and system restore?
    Is there a pc health check programme to run to make sure everything is back in order?
    Am running Windows 7 on a Toshiba laptop.
    Would like to find the easiest and best way to put everything back right, and to check that all is well.
    Thanks.

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Novice, the only time I've heard of your problem, the solution that was tried was Restoring the registry and that worked. A system restore could still be done if the first opinion fails. Good luck.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Just do a system restore. ;)

4. Novice22

Novice22 Private First Class

Many thanks.
    I did as recommended.
    Still feel that it is a bit sluggish and that Firefox is slow to open.
    Slow when normally starting from Hibernate, and much slower when starting from
    previous shutdown.
    It would help if there is a programme that I could run that would check that all is in order.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds