Video Card---DDR2??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tribmartyr, Dec 17, 2007.

1. tribmartyr

tribmartyr Private E-2

I'm looking to upgrade my video card from a Radeon 9600, but I do not know whether I am able. What I do know is that I am looking for a card that is DX10 compatible and AGP compatible. The main thing I am confused about is that the cards I have been looking at say DDR2. Does this mean I need DDR2 RAM or any other sort of hardware to make the card run? Also, if it is a HD graphics card do I need a HD monitor?

If you need certain computer specs in order to tell me, I am not very smart with figuring that sort of stuff out and may need guidance to obtain this info for you.

Thanks for any help

2. hegemon875

hegemon875 Private First Class

Its probably gonna be more worthwhile for you to upgrade your motherboard or buy a whole new system. It's just not worth it to sink more money into a dying format (from what Ive read agp DX10 cards could be pretty pricey).

But to answer your question the DDR2 is the type of memory the card itself has, and you dont need to buy a new monitor for an HD capable graphics card if you dont want to. Hopefully you do have Vista since you need it to run DX10 and an adequate power supply to run any new card you purchase.

3. tribmartyr

tribmartyr Private E-2

Thanks for the help...Unfortunately I do not have Vista yet :(. Looks like I will have to get that first then.

How stable is Vista these days? Would it be worth purchasing it as of right now?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds