Post BSOD side-by-side configuration errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by jefzef, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jefzef

jefzef Private E-2

After a BSOD, I restored to the latest configuration that allowed me to boot. Since then, virtually no applications will start, all giving me the side-by-side configuration errors. Uninstall fails. In fact, most programs are no longer even listed. The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package also fails to start.

I found several posts around the web that suggested running SFC /scannow, which I did. It found errors, but was unable to fix them. It referred me to the CBS.log which it created. I have no idea what any of it means, so I'm including it.

Running Win7x64SP1
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• CBS.log
      File size:
      123 KB
      Views:
  2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

If you want any assistance with Malware Removel, you almost came to the right place.

You need to start a thread in the Malware forum AND you need to go through the READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide.

3. jefzef

jefzef Private E-2

Are you sure this is a malware issue? Kaspersky rescue disk found nothing wrong.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I can't help with that cbs.log.

But the fact that you don't have all your programs listed, could be related to a corrupted profile. Just to rule that out:

Take a quick look at your Start menu and make sure it is your usual username at the top right.

Also go to C:\Users and see if there are any strange folders like yourusername.0001 or such.

5. jefzef

jefzef Private E-2

All my programs are listed under the start menu, and it is under my name. The missing programs are not in the uninstall list to remove them.

There are no strange users that I didn't create.

What sucks is that I can't run Malwarebytes or SupersAntiSpyware. The SAS that is supposedly "portable" is not coming in through their link. It is an exe not a .com and requires installation.

I do have my doubts about it being malware related, but I guess you never know if you can't fully test.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds