Desktop Adapter will not connect to my router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deliahoobervitz, Nov 18, 2005.

1. deliahoobervitz

deliahoobervitz Private E-2

I just purchased a D-Link Wireless G Desktop Adapter. I have a Belkin 54g wireless router. I also have a Belkin 54g wireless notebook card.

my modem and router are in another room about 15 feet away from the desktop. the router is working. i know this because my notebook is connected to the internet. i assume (although i am probably wrong) that the distance from my desktop to the router is not a problem because my notebook has no problem from the same distance. at this moment i am sitting next to my desktop pleading to this forum from my notebook.

the problem is that my installation of the desktop adapter seems to have gone fine and the d-link utility tells me that my adapter is connected to my router, but i am unable to open my browser.

my link is encrypted but everything is fine. i even reset the router and ran the system open to see if i could get a connection and it still failed. my tech support has been of no help, because they can't seem to figure out why my utility says the card is connected but i am unable to open my browser.

i have manually programmed the card and still no connection.

any help would be much appreciated. i really don't want to have to run cat-5 for 40 ft to get my internet connection.

thanks ahead of time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds