BEFW11S4 wifi wireless B router has to be reset everyday

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whicky1978, Jun 10, 2007.

1. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

My router has to be reset everyday since I moved. I am using a laptop with a 3 com card to pick it up (thinkpad PIII, XP home). Is there a way to prevent this or should I get a new router? I have updated the firmware, and a new one probably is not available, but I will check.confused

edit: I reboot the router by pulling the power cord from the back. I am also using charter internet and cable modem.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

BEFW11S4 this is one of the oldest Routers on the market, might be that it is telling you that it is time for a new one. ;)

3. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

Yeah, I might need a new one. I could buy a device that will cut the power off and on, then I don't have to run upstairs on a daily basis :D

I've been googling, and this appears to be a flaw with this device. I only paid $20 for it though, a good wile ago.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds