1. MolokoVeck

MolokoVeck Private E-2

I am trying to fix my girlfriend's computer. She ran pic1253.com that she got from an AIM message from a friend which was sent to her by someone on her list with the bug. A folder in Program Files was created called My Love, containing such files as 5972932.INS which is recognized as a trojan. If AIM is up messages are sent to people on the buddy list sending the link, you know how it works. I downloaded all of the programs on your site and followed the steps but the problem still exists. Here is what the cleaners came up with:
    BitDefender -
    Scanned Files 202320

Infected Files 11

Virus Detected -
    Backdoor.Sdbot.ADQ 2

Trojan.Flood.22016 3

Adware.Wheaterbug.A 2

Win32.IRC.Kelebek 4

RAV
    Scanning files...
    C:\Program Files\My Love\v1r1 - IRC/Generic* -> Suspicious
    C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00271323 - IRC/Generic* -> Suspicious
    C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00271345 - IRC/Generic* -> Suspicious

Found
    ============================
    Viruses found: 0
    Suspicious files: 3
    Disinfected files: 0
    Mail files: 88

Spybot deleted WildTangent and HS Remove said it removed 8 items. I hope you guys are willing to take a look at the HJ log, thanks!

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Run this: AIM Fix

Then follow the steps below:

- Download HijackThis 1.99.1

- Unzip the hijackthis.exe file to a folder you create named C:\Program Files\HJT

- Do NOT run Hijack This from the Desktop, a temp folder, or a sub-folder of C:\Documents and Settings, or choose to run it directly from the downloaded ZIP file.

- Before running HijackThis: You must close each of the following:your web browser, e-mail client, instant messenger, and programs like notepad, wordpad, MS Word etc. And any other unnecessary running programs.

- Run HijackThis and save your log file.

- Post your log as an ATTACHMENT to your next message. (Do NOT copy/paste the log into your post).

3. MolokoVeck

MolokoVeck Private E-2

Ok the AimFix did this just so you know:
    Registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\strtas" removed
    Registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\strtas" removed
    Registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices\strtas" removed
    Registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\load" removed

I have also attached the logfile, thanks!

Attached Files:

4. chaslang

You can have HJT fix the below remnants of the scans!

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hsremove.com/done.htm
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hsremove.com/done.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

How are things working?

5. MolokoVeck

MolokoVeck Private E-2

She reports that she hasn't had any problems since, thanks a lot!

6. chaslang

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds